Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Food Co-ops?

Has anyone ever used a food co-ops? I am looking into trying one since we go through tons of fresh produce. My old college roomie sent me this email:

My sister bought a 33 pound basket of produce for $15. She has been doing this for the past two months, two times a month. This last week she got pears, mangos, bananas, cantelope, watermellon, and kiwi. The vegetables are just as good. Half are veggies and half fruit. For Christmas they ate corn on the cob. The produce may be underripe at times but I would rather have that then too ripe. Here is a link to someone's site that can explain what she got for the week.

http://www.couponeverafter.com/2009/07/bountiful-baskets.html

The shipment comes ever two weeks. Ordering is done the Tuesday and Wednesday before pick-up. On Saturday you need to be there sometime between the 20 minute pick-up window or your food will be given away. Here is the acuatul link to the site.

http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

(Thanks Anna Marie!)

I am really excited to try one of these out. This one has a pretty close pick up location every other Saturday at about 104th South and 40th West in South Jordan. I was talking with my friend Rachel about this and she mentioned that there was one right by our neighborhood, at the Senior Center on 22nd West and Sugar Place. I googled that trying to find that one and found that pickup is through this website https://www.foodco-op.net. This one only does a pickup once a month and you can also do meat through the co-op. I was wondering if anyone out there had used either or these or any other co-ops in the Salt Lake area and what you thought of them. Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment