Monday, November 30, 2009

Wags 11/30


I made my weekly Monday morning trip into Wags this morning. I got all the above for $6.20 OOP. I was able to use $23 in previous RRs to pay down these items and got back $17 in new RRs to use later.

Now something to keep in mind. Some areas get a larger ad then we get here in my area so some of the deals that are posted on the blogs don't work in the smaller ad areas. So what I do is check that ad that comes in the Sunday paper (or you can check that ad in the store) to see if those deals you wanted to take advantage of are available. That being said, I always still check on deals that I don't see in the ad because sometimes they are still running but not in the ad. For example, the Village Natural bath items that are listed in THIS Hip2Save post didn't show up in the ad but when I went to the store I found that they were the same price listed and the RR does print. I also went ahead and did the deal on the kids toothbrushes listed in that same post even though they weren't in the ad. They were advertising the RR at the store (spend $10 in kids dental care and get back a $5RR) but the prices were slightly higher then listed in the post. But it was still a good price in my opinion and still worth doing.

Okay so ... Here are the details:

Kids' Dental Care (Crest Sesame Street Toothbrush, Zooth Character Toothbrush, Oral-B Stages Toothbrush or toothpaste 4.2 oz.) 4/$10 = $5RR
** At my store they were not on sale 4/$10 but they were $2.99 each. So here is how the deal worked for me

4 Zooth or Oral-B stages toothbrushes for a total of $11.96
Used four $1/1 coupons from the 11/1PG (expires 11/30)
**Hip2Save mentions using the Coloring book coupon as well but I have never seen those coloring books at my store.
Pay $7.96
Get back a $5RR
Final Cost $2.96 or $.74 each which I think is pretty good since good deals on little kids toothbrushes are much harder to come by.

4 Oral-B Indicator floss products 2/$5
Used four $1/1 coupons from the 10/11PG (expires 11/30)
Get back a $3RR for each two purchased.
Final Cost FREE!

2 Glade scented oil candle holders 2/$5 (many of the Glade products can be used in this deal)
Used two $2/1 coupons that I had gotten previously out of other Glade products. They often have coupons in their packages.
Got back a $1RR for buying 2.
Final Cost FREE!

3 Village Naturals Sleep or Stress Therapy (12.6 oz-20 oz. Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Bath oil or Soak) $3.99 each
Used three $1/1 coupon found here.
Got back a $2RR for each one (make sure these go in seperate transactions)
Final Cost $0.99 each!

3 Ecotrin 45 count $1.99 with in ad coupon
Used the $10 off 3 coupon from the 10/11RP
Use the $1.99 in ad coupon
Final Cost FREE + $4.03 to be applied to other items!
**Make sure to hand the $1.99 in ad coupon over AFTER the manufacturer coupon to avoid any beepage!
**Now this is one of those things where YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). I got a checker today who adjusted my manufacturer coupon down to $5.97 to make these free but not give me any overage. I of course would've liked to get the overage but it's up to the checker to decide how to do it.

I also got 12 Christmas Gift Bags - 4/$1 to use as filler items.

As always, I use Hip2Save to keep up on the deals and plan my Walgreens trip. You can see her most recent Walgreens postings by going to Hip2Save.com and then clicking on the "Walgreens" link in the Store Specific list in the right hand column.

0 comments:

Post a Comment