Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thomas Nelson Book Review - Love on a Dime

My most recent book to review for Thomas Nelson Publishing was "Love on a Dime" by Cara Lynn James. I have to be honest, I wasn't sure whether I would really like this book or not. It looked a little lovey dovey and I am not really into romance novels. However, I must say that I really enjoyed this book and was surprised how easy it was to get into it and for it to keep my interest. The gist of the book is that Lilly who is a member of the wealthy and priviledged back in the late 1800s writes dime store novels, which is completely against the "rules" of her social set at the time. Women are to depend on their husband or father for their support, not make money on their own. I really enjoyed learning more about life during that time period and found Lilly to be a wonderful character of faith and goodness even though she was surrounded by so much greed and inequality. I would recommend this book as a nice easy read, an enjoyable book with a nice message. It did kind of lag a little bit in the middle and I just wanted Lilly and Jackson to talk to each other openly but it was still a good book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment