Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cereal + More Today

Crazy morning. Carpool, Gym, quick shower, and I was able to make two store trips this morning on my way to pick up the Kindergarteners.

First to Smiths:

They have the buy 10 participating items get $3 off instantly. One thing to note, you can do this three times in the same transaction so you can get 30 qualifying products in the same transaction. I did 20 items.

First I did the 5 GM cereals and 5 BC fruit snacks that I figured out below.
Then I did 10 Kroger Salad Dressings because we go through Ranch like crazy!
And I also got 4 boxes of Kroger Instant Oatmeal (since Kyle is eating that for breakfast these days and it's way cheaper then tons of tiny jars of baby food).
In the end I got these 24 items for a final cost of about $25!

Then I went to Albertsons to return something and figured I'd check out there 50% off Kelloggs cereal deal. I had some good $1.50/2 coupons so I thought it was worth checking out. Most of the cereals were too expensive to start to make it worth while but they did have Raisin Bran for $1.85 so with the coupons it was worth it, especially since I pretty much stick to Cheerios and Raisin Bran.

In the end I got 4 boxes of Kelloggs Raisin Bran for $4.58.

I guess I will have to relax the rule that Brandon can only have cereal every other day. We have LOTS of it in food storage. Growing up we were only allowed to have cereal on Sunday's because it is so expensive. Doesn't have to be does it?

2 comments:

AO said...

Hey, were the oatmeals one of the buy 10 get 3 off groups? I can't remember. Thought I better at least post one comment :)

AO said...

Hey, also curious, what do your boys eat for breakfast if not cereal? Do you make them breakfast every day?

Post a Comment