Monday, July 27, 2009

Albies Deals w/ Doublers

4 Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereals (Brandon's cereal of choice) for $2.50 each
Used two $1/2 IP coupons - doubled them
GM Promo: Buy 4 get $4 off instantly on Bread, Milk & Eggs
Now the $4 comes off instantly but the store decides whether you have to buy those items or not. My store was cool about it and I was able to buy milk and eggs and forgo the bread and since those things came to just over $4 they didn't care. Your store may have a different store policy. I would suggest asking beforehand. I think they appreciate that you are trying to play by their rules and it makes it easier on you so you don't get up to the checkout line and have them tell you that you have to get something different for the promo to work.

2 Gallons of milk for $1.89 each
Used one $.75/1 IP milk coupon - doubled (I love $.49 milk!)
Used one free milk cat from a previous purchase.
Again, the checker can do what they like with this one. The one I got was great and she just scanned the coupon which is good for a free gallon of milk up to $4.50. The checker can adjust the coupon down to the price of one gallon of milk and they usually do. I wouldn't plan on them leaving the coupon at $4.50 off but I got lucky this time and mine did.
Also, some checkers might tell you that you can't use milk coupons at all since technically you are already getting the milk free with the promo. I was lucky that my checker didn't care but had she said that I couldn't use them I would've just saved those coupons for another day.

1 pack of Oscar Meyer Beef Franks for $3.00
Used one free package coupon that I had that expires at the end of the month making them free

1 dozen Eggs and some Bananas

Total: $2.42

1 Gallon of milk for $1.89
Used one $.75/1 IP milk coupon - doubled

4 Breyers pints - they are $1.50 this week but I have a couple rainchecks for the $1 price they had a couple weeks ago.
Used two $1/2 Breyers coupons - doubled making them free

Total: $.23


5 more Breyers pints @ $1 each
Used the $4/5 cat that prints out after you buy 4. I had a couple of these from the last time this promo ran and got 2 new ones today.

Total: $1.15

Now I read on PYP (love that site!) that Albertsons new policy is that they won't let you use a raincheck with a new doubler. I didn't have any trouble doing that today so that might be a YMMV thing.

Grand Total = $3.80 for the day (this would've cost me $46) PLUS I got back another $2 survey at the bottom of one of my receipts which I can spend like cash on my next purchase!

0 comments:

Post a Comment