Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thomas Nelson Book Review - The Noticer

"The Noticer" by Andy Andrews is a WONDERFUL book! I can't say enough good things about this book. This was the first book that I have read by Andrews but I am sure that I will read more. This book is, in a nutshell, about perspective. At the start of the book Andrew meets an old man named Jones who introduces himself as a "Noticer", someone who notices things that often times people over look. He helps Andrews gain perspective on his life at that moment to help him create for himself the future he truly wants. Throughout the book Jones pops in and out of many peoples lives, at the time when they need a little added perspective. He helps a married couple on the verge of divorce learn that they aren’t suffering from a lack of love, just that they need to learn to communicate their love in the “language” that the other speaks. He helps an old lady learn that her life isn’t over just because she is advancing in years. He helps a young man learn to slow down and pay attention to what really matters, the small things. He helps people of all walks of life to gain the proper perspective to overcome the problems they face in their life and create the future they want. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and this is a book that I will definitely read again and again, especially when I need a little dose of perspective.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I did an advance read/critique on The Noticer and I feel exactly the same way you do. What a great book. I gave a copy to our General Manager at ADP because he does employee book club. I hope he has one for this book. It's wonderful!

Post a Comment