Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Questions and Answer

Kelly asked some good questions in her comment on today's Wags post. I thought I'd post the answers for anyone because they are questions we all ask when we first start doing this and don't know the lingo yet.

What are these items:
Easy Saver Catalog - Wags puts a new one out every month. You can get it at the store or look at it on their website. It has coupons and tells you which items they have rebates on. Every month they have some items that are free after rebate and some items that just have a certain amount as a rebate.

RP - Red Plum and SS - Smart Source. Those are the names of the coupon inserts you get in the Sunday paper. About once a month they have a P&G (Proctor and Gamble) one as well. This just helps you identify which week that particular coupon is in so you can find it easier.

PDF coupon - Some coupons are actual PDF files that you can save to your computer. I have a few that I can send you if you'd like, just let me know. My favorite one is a $1.50/1 coupon for Colgate Total which doesn't expire until 12/31/10 and since they are PDF files you can print out as many as you like. This is why I never pay for toothpaste and always make a profit on it. I just keep a few in my coupon binder and get a few when I feel like it. I have more then I need so I have started a box for my mother in law.

And when you do a RR, do you have to do a separate transaction for each RR or can you combine them into one transaction? You can only do one per item but you can combine as many items that have RRs in one transactions as you want. For example. This week their are RRs on Vaseline Lotion ($2) and Colgate Toothpaste ($3.49). If you do two lotions in the same trans you will only get the $2RR once. But you can do one Colgate and one lotion and get both the $2RR and the $3.49RR. When I went to Wags this morning I did three transactions and put one lotion in each one so I was able to get the $2RR three times. Make sense?

The best place to go to answer is on
www.hip2save.com and read through her Walgreens #1, Walgreens #2 and Walgreens Q&A (you can find these in the right hand column. She explains it really well and makes it so much easier to understand. Once you get it figured out it's not hard at all, just gotta know the rules! :)

And for more on lingo, IAmFrugal has a good post on this.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for all of your help, I am new to couponing and love your site. Would you mind emailing me that toothpaste coupon, That would be great to get free toothpaste.
Melissa
email: melissaymoss@hotmail.com

Post a Comment