Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Super Target Deals

I wanted to try out Target's $5 Dinner idea that I saw on MomsByHeart. It gives you a receipe, shopping list and coupons to feed your family a complete dinner for $5. The boys and I made a trip into Super Target this afternoon to try it out. We were able to get a package of Sutter & Dodge Round Steak with a $2 off coupon for $2.79 and six mini loaves (sandwich size) for free. They are $.99 and I printed out six $1 Target coupons. I also got 6 cans of Market Pantry Soup's Beef Broth for $.22 each ($.47 each with three $.50/2 coupons). All these coupons are available on THIS link. I already have quite a few Green Giant veges like they suggested in the meal plan. I only need 2 cans of the soup for this recipe so I will be able to make these French Dip sandwiches for my family for $3.23.

I also got some other great steals there today:

2 Schick Intuition for $6.99 each
Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you purchase 2
Bought two for a total of $13.98
Used two $4 coupons from the 3/22SS
Paid $5.98 and got a $5 Gift Card
Final cost $.98/2, just $.49 each!

2 Gillette Body Wash (8.4 fl oz) for $2 each
Used two $2 coupon from the 3/1PG
Final cost FREE!

2 Johnson's body care travel size lotions for $.99 each
Used two $1 coupons from the 2/22RP
Final cost FREE!

2 Pledge Furniture Polish for $3.50 each
Used two $3/1 IP coupon
And two $1/1 Target coupon
Final cost FREE plus $1 moneymaker!

14 boxes of Pop Secret Popcorn for $2.29 each
Used fourteen $1/1 Target coupons
And three $1/2 MFC coupons
And four $50/2 MFC coupons
Final cost 14 boxes for $13. Less then $1 each. Good thing because we were out of popcorn and we go through a lot of it!

2 Mott's Applesauce 6 packs for $1.69 each
Used two $1 Target coupons
And two $.55 MFC coupon
Final cost ONLY .$14 per pack!

That along with the 6 Artisan Mini Loaves, Sutton & Dodge Steak and the 6 cans of Beef Broth only cost me $22.30 PLUS I got a $5 Target Gift Card. Now if only I had brought my brain along with me I would've used the $10 Target Gift Card I already had and forgot about and I would've had an even lower OOP. Oh well, next time! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment