Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Still Waiting

Have you ever had that perfect Walgreens trip where you had a big list of stuff you wanted, were all planned out, got there and they had everything that you were looking for and didn't give you any trouble about any of your coupons and you made money and everything was right in the world? Nah, me neither. :(

Arrival: I was so frustrated with the Walgreens closest to my house today. They don't have the nicest staff when it comes to getting deals and using coupons. First, they wouldn't let me use the Dove and the Reach coupons that I printed off their website because they said they aren't for our region. Lame! So I didn't get those items. (But I think I will try this new Dove Deal later this month since you don't need the in-ad coupon.) They also didn't have the Glade Lasting Impressions which I really wanted (what can I say, I have a husband and three little boys, I need these things!) And I got the Walgreens Pharmacy Coupon Booklet which Hip2Save blogged about (thanks!) which is a great way to score great deals on Wags diapers. Got that, but no diapers coupon in it. I swear I think other regions have way more deals available then we do. And to top it off, my GiftCard hadn't had my rebates from last month loaded onto it yet which I was hoping had been done.

Checkout: I got four of the Glade Sense & Spray's and the checker seemed to think I was pointing a gun at him for trying to buy a whopping FOUR of them. He called a manager over to approve it! Then, they wouldn't give me the full $9.99 value off for my B1G1Free coupon because they said that I was already getting them for $5.99 each because of their Easy Saver $4/1 coupon. And the RR didn't print out for the Vaseline lotion I got so I will have to call the Catalina company and have them mail one to me. So basically I left there frustrated (just ask my 3 year old).

B1G1Free Coupon Issues: I think the way to avoid this problem with the B1G1Free coupons is to always give them that coupon first. Then they can look it up on the receipt to see how much they rang up for (in this case the $9.99), write that on the coupon and then the other ones just scan in without any trouble and they don't have to think about how much money we are not spending (or making) on that particular item. I mean I guess I really can't complain. I still got four Glade Sense & Sprays, three Sambocol Cold Medicines, one Nivea Lip Care and one Vaseline Lotion for about $2 but I would like it better if I could say that I made a profit (what a SNOB I am!)

Feeling Better: But my feelings toward Wals did get a little better later this afternoon when I met my mother-in-law and her sister at a different Wags just a little further away (where I really do like the staff). I had told them I would take them and teach them how it works and help them figure it out. BTW - I went earlier in the day for myself just so that I could know exactly which things worked and didn't and so that I wouldn't have a big list of my own to focus on and could just help them ... just incase you thought that I was such a Wags freak that I do nothing else besides go to Walgreens. :)

I have said it before but I think that the trickiest thing about Wags is just the inconsistency of the staff. Some checkers are great and say that seeing this is why they go home and cut their own coupons while others look at you like you are trying to rob them of their first born child!

I did pick up a couple things on my second trip to Wags and it could classify as the perfect trip if my mood wasn't already tainted.

I got:
2 Glade Lasting Impressions and they took all my coupons - made $2 on each one
1 Sambocol Cold Medicine - made $2 on this
1 Colgate Toothpaste which I bought for $3.29 and got back a $3.50RR - moneymaker
1 Vaseline Lotion to get my tab out of the negative numbers and got back a $2RR on this one

So OOP was $4.47 and I got back $5.50 in RR. PROFIT of $1.03!

Maybe next week I will get the big perfect trip. :)

In the end I made $0.09 Profit between both trips.
(4 Glade Sense & Spray and 2 Glade Lasting Impressions, 2 Colgate Toothpastes, 2 Vaseline Lotions, 4 Sambocol Cold & Flu and 1 Nivea Lip Care)
I know, I know ... stop complaining! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment