Monday, March 2, 2009

Walgreens Trip 3/02

Something that I have learned about Walgreens is that you can be totally organized when you go in there but they don't always have what you are looking for so you have to be flexible and adjust your plan. I have also learned that some of the things that the blogs tell you will be on sale or will have a RR don't because they do vary slightly by area. So it's a good idea to take what the bloggers say and then compare it to your Sunday ad and go with the deals that are advertised in your ad.

This morning I was hoping for a few items to give me a total money making trip but they didn't have them. But that's okay. I still got all this ...

... for only $6 (which means I really just had to pay the sales tax). Plus I get a Easter Plush since I bought $10 worth of Easter M&Ms so that will be nice for Kyle's first Easter basket!

Here's the breakdown of how I did (Check out THIS post from Hip2Save for Internet Printable coupons):

3 Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion $2.61 (25% off this week)
$2RR back
Used $1.50/1 coupon from Sunday paper
FREE plus $.89 moneymaker on each one!

3 Colgate Total Toothpaste $3.49
Used $2.50/1 Coupon from EasySaver Catalog (You only need to use 1, it will take it off for all 3 even though the coupon says Limit 1)
Used $1.50/1 PDF coupon (they would only let me use 2 of these since they were already free)
FREE plus $.01 moneymaker on each one!

2 Glade Lasting Impressions $9.99 (Total $19.98)
Used $4/1 Coupon from EasySaver Catalog (this will take off $4 for each one)
Used one B1G1Free internet coupon
Used $4 coupon from 2/8SS (or IP from same Hip2Save post) on the one I wasn't getting for free
FREE plus $2 moneymaker on each one!

Wal-Zyr 24 hr allergy relief $3.99
FREE after rebate

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Care $2.99
$2RR
Final cost $.99.

4 Campbells Soup 3/$3 with in ad coupon (You don't have to buy in increments of three to get the coupon price)
Used two $1/2 IP Coupons
Final cost $.50 each.

4 bags of Easter M&Ms
On sale for 2/$5
Buy $10 worth and get a FREE M&Ms Easter Plush by mail
Used $1/2 Coupon from EasySaver Catalog
Used two $1/2 coupons from 3/1 RP
Final cost 4 bags and one Easter Plush for $6.
NOTE: Different types of M&Ms ring up differently. The Peanut Butter and the Almond ones rang up at 2/$6 instead of $2/5 like the other types so I did end up paying $1 extra on this deal so keep that in mind if you care.

3 Sambocol Cold & Flu Medicine $11.99
Used $10/1 coupon from Easy Saver Catalog
Used $4/1 PDF coupon
FREE plus $2.01 moneymaker on each one!

I also got 2 Pure Silk Shaving Creams because on my last transaction (I did 3) the total came out to be a negative $2 which you can't do so I grabbed two of those which were on sale for $1.29 each which was a great price and in essence free anyways since I just needed to get out of the negative amounts.

Total Savings = $97.96!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

What are these items: Easy Saver Catalogue, RP, PDF coupon and SS? And when you do a RR, do you have to do a separate transaction for each RR or can you combine them into one transaction?

I'm kind of getting the hang o fit, but until I build up my coupons, and figure out the lingo, I'm not saving as much as you are saving,

Thanks for doing this. A few people at work are starting to check out your blog.

Post a Comment