Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Todays Trips and Diaper Stash

I think I will probably change my weekly Walgreens run from Monday to Tuesday morning. The checker I have been going to on Monday's is great but the lady there on Wednesday's is fantastic. She showed me her own huge coupon binder, wants people to know there are deals out there to be had and makes sure that everything rings up correctly. She is FANTASTIC!

Here is my morning Wags haul:
I got 6 Colgate Total toothpastes (made $.50 on each), 2 Glade Sense & Spray (made $1 on these), 1 Axe Shampoo (free after Rebate), 1 Pledge Multi Surface Spray for $.50 (on sale for $3.50, used $2 coupon and will get back a $1 rebate) and 4 big bags of Huggies wipes and 7 bags of Huggies diapers. All this cost me $30.60 and I saved $74.97!

This is a shot of Kyle's closet to show how this one diaper deal worked out for me. Now for some details. As many of you know those great IP Huggies coupons paired with the Wags RR deal a couple weeks ago caused quite a stir. It was nearly impossible to find the diapers in stock since the deal was so good, they were literally flying off the shelves. I myself was only able to find them in stock at Wags once that week and they were limiting it to 3 packs per customer. So I was able to snag three packs that way but to get the rest of these I had to get creative with price matching at Walmart (see THIS post) and rain checks. Now these things may or may not work for you, it really just depends on who you talk to and if you get lucky. I was able to get Walmart to price match the deal with the RR and was able to go in there twice in the week to score lots of super cheap diapers. I also asked at each Wags I went to for rainchecks and was able to get two sets of rainchecks. This morning I used one of my sets of rainchecks. They were very generous and gave me 3/$15 on the diapers and 5/$15 on the wipes which actually ended up being cheaper then the RR deal. So this morning I got 4 packs of wipes and 7 more packs of diapers using that raincheck and all the rest of my random Huggies coupons. As you can see by the picture above, I probably won't have to buy diapers again for Kyle for ... well ... probably forever!

Afterwards I ran over to Albies real quick because we were out of yogurt and they have a three day double coupon thing (ending today) where they will double up to $1 on four coupons. I had four Dannon coupons. These packs were on sale 2/$4 and so with four $1/1 coupons doubled I got all these for free. I just had to pay $.12 tax. Can't beat that!

1 comments:

AO said...

I couldn't resist looking. Kyle's closet is awesome. Seriously. That is so amazing. I'm still so jealous of the price match you got, even if it was at wal-mart. Seriously, I need to go that Wags. I have been in several looking for more Glade sense and spray to make money on and they are ALWAYS out of stock! ARGH!

Post a Comment