Friday, August 21, 2009

Thomas Nelson Book Review - Everyday Greatness

Everyday Greatness: Inspiration for a Meaningful Life by Stephen R. Covey (compiled by David K. Hatch) is a compilation of short stories from Readers Digest along with Coveys thoughts. This book is separated out into 7 sections with 3 principles in each. This is one of those books that you could just pick up and read from any point that you want. If there is a principle that you are interested in or has significant meaning to you at that point in your life you could just read that section. I really enjoyed this book and found myself tearing up at many of the stories. This book really helps to put things in the proper perspective when you see what others have endured, accomplished and learned. Of course most of the work was already done by Readers Digest which I have never read but am now intrigued by. But I did like how Covey (and Hatch) sorted them and put them into easy to read sections. I am usually more of a fiction reader and so this isn’t my usual sort of book but I did feel that this was a worthwhile read with some really good lessons to be learned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment