Friday, September 18, 2009

Store Specifics - Target

I love Target. I think they are a great place to get great deals. Some people have had trouble with them but I usually don't have any problems. I would print out a copy of the Target Coupon Policy (thanks Hip2Save) and just have it with you incase they give you any problems.

I think there are 2 main problems that you might run into at Target.

1) The coupon is for more then the cost of the item and the coupon beeps. The checker should either just push it through OR adjust down the coupon to the cost of the item. If they tell you that they can't do that you can very politely but firmly tell them that you have a copy of their coorporate coupon policy which clearly states that they can.

2) The checker tells you that they can't accept the coupon for the item that you purchased because it's not specifically pictured on the coupon. The couple times they have tried this on me I politely but firmly tell them that they can't very well display a picture of everyone of that particular brand or line of items on their little coupon. Like with the cheese coupon - it says "$1 off with purchase of two Market Pantry cheese products". They tried to tell me that I couldn't use that on single cheese sticks because the picture was of the pack. But the wording doesn't say anything about it having to be the cheese stick packs. In the end, they rang my items and coupons through just fine and I didn't have to be mean about it, just stood my ground because I knew I was correct.

Target is great because they will often times do promos where you get back a $5 Target gift card with a specific purchase, like for example, "Get a $5 Target Gift Card with the Purchase of 5 Fiber One products. I did this deal and made money on Fiber One cereal. See THIS post for details. I usually have a couple gift cards and so I use those on my next trip in to pay for that trip, get back new gift cards and save them for my next trip in.

Also, you will often times be able to print of Target Store Coupons that you can use on trial size or smaller items making them free or even money makers. See THIS post and you will see I was able to do that with the J&J Soap Buddies bars.

You can check out what Target Coupons are available HERE and the great thing about them is you can print out as many as you like. If there is one that I know I will want to do a few times I usually print out a bunch and then use 5-10 of them on each trip. The coupons can disappear before their expiration date so that is the reason I often times will print out a lot of the ones I know I will want even if I am not going to use them right away.

You can always check out Hip2Save's Target posts for current deals to see if there is anything you are interested in getting. I just cut and paste the details of the deals I want to do into a Word document, print and clip the coupons I need and it makes it really easy when I get to the store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment