Monday, September 21, 2009

Wags 9/21

This week was a perfect example of a slow week where there wasn't anything that I really needed but I had Register Rewards that are expiring that I had to use up. So I went ahead and got a few new RR items, a bunch of filler items and still made a profit.

2 Oral-B indicator Toothbrushes 2/$4
Used the buy one get one free coupon from the 8/23RP
Got back a $2RR
Final cost 2 toothbrushes for FREE!
*Also, since the coupon was a B1G1 free coupon one of the toothbrushes counted as a filler item. If you were using a $1/2 coupon you wouldn't be able to use one of them as a filler item because the coupon is on 2 items. I know it's confusing but it will start to make more sense as you get more experienced at this. Just something to think about when you are dealing with Wags coupon to item ratio and you are in need of filler items.

5 Thermacare Heat Wraps (1 ct) $2.49
Used five $1/1 coupon from here
Got back a $2.50RR for each one (make sure you seperate them out, only one per transaction)
Final cost FREE + a $1 moneymaker!

I had ten $1 RRs that were expiring tomorrow that I needed to use up. It sure is easier to use higher value RRs because you have more money to pay down your total without needing as many filler items. I found a pack of pens in the clearance bins for $.25. I also used eight $.32 candies as filler items which will work out as great treats for my scout troop. Those nine, plus the one toothbrush were my 10 filler items so I could use up those expiring RRs.
In the end I spent $10 in RRs, $3.48 OOP and got back $14.50 in new RRs making my trip profitable by $1.02!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment