Thursday, September 3, 2009

Target 9/3 - MONEYMAKER Trip!

I guess you could say I am becoming a bit of a Target junkie. Since afternoon nap time is a thing of the past sometimes it's nice to get out of the house and do something. I ended up at Target this afternoon and got some great deals.

4 boxes of Kellogg's Special K crackers - $2.39 each
Total=$9.56
Used three $1/1 coupons from here
(Coupons.com is only letting you print this once per computer so I was only able to print out 3)Plus I used four $0.50/1 Target coupons
Paid $4.56
Get back a $5 Target gift card
Final cost 4 boxes for FREE + a $.44 moneymaker!

5 Johnson’s Soap Buddies Bars $0.97 each
Used five $1 Target coupons
Final cost FREE!

1 Tide Bounce Dryer Bar $3.74
Used the $2.50 coupon from Vocalpoint
Plus, I used the $1.50 Target coupon from the 8/23RP
Final cost as low as FREE + overage!

1 Glade Scented Oil Candle tin on sale for $1.66 each.
Use the $1.50/1 coupons found inside the tins. (I really wish people wouldn't take coupons out of the items that they aren't going to buy. That is just selfish!)
Plus, I bought an additional refill pack and used the buy a Glade Scented Oil Candle Holder get a refill pack FREE coupon from HERE. (If you don't see the coupon, try zip code 90210. There is also one in the 8/23SS.)
Final cost both for just $.16!

20 Market Pantry Single String Cheese $0.40 each
Used ten $1/2 Target coupon from here
Final cost 20 String Cheeses for FREE
** I got a bit of a Nazi checker and she tried to tell me that I couldn't use this coupon on the single cheese sticks because the picture showed the bagged kind. I politely stood my ground and told her that the coupon said "Any Market Pantry Cheese Product" and that they can't very well picture everyone of their products on the coupon. She realized I wasn't going to give in and took them although she did adjust the coupons down to $.80/2 so there was no overage which is fine. I am off on a tangent here but my sister in Montana went to Target yesterday and there was a lady that had been in before them who threw a fit at the checker because they wanted to adjust down the cheese coupon and wouldn't let her have the overage. Overage is nice and a great bonus but it is there right to adjust the coupon down so don't expect to get the overage and then when you do it's just a nice bonus.

In the end I spent $4.73 OOP ($34.67 in savings) but got back a $5 GiftCard from the Special K crackers so I ended up making money! Yeah ... I love Target!

2 comments:

O'Berrys said...

Yesterday I had a terrible Target trip, the first time I have had this problem! They wouldn't let me use multiple Target issued coupons because they say one per transaction, so I wasn't able to get my cheese sticks for free! I'm sticking to young cashiers, they seem not to care.

O'Berrys said...

P.S. When I talked about the adjusting down the coupon to fit the price the cashier didn't know how and even the manager didn't know about it, he said that he has been working there 5yrs, so now I have my coupon policy ready to take with me. He gave me a $1 off for just one coupon since I had more than 2 cheese sticks.I'm a sucker, but mostly embarassed to tell her to take off all the cheese that I had bought, I'll get there.

Post a Comment