Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thomas Nelson Book Review - Fearless


I really like Max Lucado’s books. I especially like his children’s books: “If Only I Had A Green Nose” and “You Are Special”. So I was looking forward to reading an adult book from him and I liked it. It was a good, upbeat book written to remind you that although there are things worth fearing in this world, that God is ultimately in charge and that there really is no need to be crippled by fear. I found his writing to be very witty, not written like a lot of self help books that sound really clinical, like they were written by a “Doctor”. It was a quick easy read that touched on key points Christ made during his ministry that are recorded in the bible. I found myself at different points in the book thinking of people that I know that I really felt could benefit from the book or that particular section specifically. I would recommend this book as a worthwhile read, especially if you are feeling a bit down and discouraged by all the troubles we find in the world around us. Max Lucado’s insights can really help you see the world from a different perspective, as a place that you don’t need to fear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment