Saturday, October 24, 2009

Winco Info

My friend Lisa just called me to tell me about some info that she got while shopping at Winco this morning. She spoke with a checker who has worked for Winco for 14 years and she said that they only do an ad for the Grand Opening but after this there will be no ads or in store coupons. Hopefully PYP will keep a running thread where people can post the latest deals they find at Winco. And I will try to keep a list on my blog as well so let me know when you go to Winco what great deals you find and I will post them. The checker also told Lisa that if she thought the price for chicken was good this week, just wait until Christmas and see how cheap you can get Prime Rib! She said that there is a competition between all the Winco stores to see who can sell the most. I know my husband will LOVE LOVE LOVE it if I can stock up on Prime Rib!! (thanks Lisa!)

I also found this on PYP. If you don't want to brave the crowds at Winco this week then Smiths has some comparable deals:

There is a separate ad for certain Smith’s locations this week again (likely competing with Winco).

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.29/lb
Chicken Breasts sold in 40lb cases .99/lb
Kroger Deluxe Ice Cream .99 (limit 4)
Asparagus $1.50/lb
Wonder Bread 20oz .99 (limit 4)
Hostess Cupcakes or Twinkies 3 for $5 (limit 6)
use coupon: Hostess snack cakes, any family-size .50/1 DND (12-31-09) RP-10/11
John Morrell Meat Franks 16oz .49
Pepsi products 2 liter .89 (limit 8)
Sunny D .83
use coupon: SunnyD Original or SunnyD Smoothies Product, any .25/1 (11-29-09) SS-9/27
Country Potato or Macaroni Salad $1.09/lb
Café Valley Bundt Cakes $1.99

Also, it looks like some of the prices from last week’s ad are still good. I noticed a couple of things but didn’t check any other items:

Russet Potatoes 10lb .99
Granny’s Pride Bread 5 for $5
Red Grapes .89/lb

Good only at these participating Smith’s locations:
Murray 665 W 5300 S
Magna 8055 W 3500 S
West Valley City 5620 W 4100 S
West Valley City 4643 S 4000 W
Midvale 980 E Fort Union
West Jordan 7061 S. Redwood
West Jordan 1820 W 9000 S

0 comments:

Post a Comment